Summer 1- 2018
This half term we will be learning all about shape: securing number facts shape ½ inverse double to know number facts. We will also be looking at data such as tally and bar charts. Throughout summer 1, we will be building on our prior knowledge of number. We will be focusing on addition and subtraction including missing number. Ie. 32+?=64.
Spring 2 2018: money, time and reasoning
This half term we will be looking over the four operations and look how we can apply our knowledge to word problems, reasoning and open ended problems.
We will learn to recognise and use symbols of pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value. We will find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money. We will also be looking at time to half past quarter to and quarter past.
Spring 1 2018: Fractions
Recognise, find, name and write fractions of a length, shape, set of objects or quantity.
Write simple fractions for example, ½ of 6 = 3
Recognise the equivalence of 2/4 and ½.
Autumn 2- 2017
In Maths the main topics that will be covered are:
Multiplication and Division.
-Subtracting numbers to 100
- Missing number for subtraction (54-?=21)
· Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2,5 and 10 times tables.
· Recognising odd and even numbers
· Write the multiplication (X), division ( ) and equals (=) sign
· Solve word problems involving multiplication and division using repeated addition, mental methods, and multiplication and division facts
· Show that multiplication of two numbers can be done in any order and division of one number by another cannot
You can help by:
Making sure your child completes their maths homework given on Friday.
Chanting x2, x3, x10 and x5 tables.
Making sure your child can write numbers 12-100 correctly. Some
children are still reversing digits e.g. 12 for 21.