Autumn 2- 2017
In Maths the main topics that will be covered are:
Multiplication and Division.
-Subtracting numbers to 100
- Missing number for subtraction (54-?=21)
· Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2,5 and 10 times tables.
· Recognising odd and even numbers
· Write the multiplication (X), division ( ) and equals (=) sign
· Solve word problems involving multiplication and division using repeated addition, mental methods, and multiplication and division facts
· Show that multiplication of two numbers can be done in any order and division of one number by another cannot
You can help by:
Making sure your child completes their maths homework given on Friday.
Chanting x2, x3, x10 and x5 tables.
Making sure your child can write numbers 12-100 correctly. Some
children are still reversing digits e.g. 12 for 21.